Saturday, May 23, 2009

GREAT Day

Today has been one of those relaxing, "free spirit" kind of days. After a hectic weekend last weekend, it's nice to have a weekend with no set agenda.

My best friend Janice and her friend David came out to visit yesterday evening. We had dinner at Red's Alehouse, a great restaurant/pub in North Liberty. David is visiting from the DC area, and they came out to spend time with Janice's mom, who lives in Dewitt. We had dinner, hung out, talked, and had a lovely time. I haven't seen David since I visited Janice when she lived in DC, so it was very nice to see him again. He's a good guy.

This morning we went to the Farmer's Market in Iowa City. Melanie went with us. Even Gillian went, mostly to people watch. She recently read Harriet the Spy and now she wants to write down everything she observes. Not unlike me, when I read it years ago! Melanie and I wandered the market, bought some delicious fresh produce. Then we grabbed an iced coffee at Java House, and walked around downtown.

It's wonderful to get a jump on the weekend and get up early. The day seems to last forever, and I've enjoyed every minute. We had a little thunderstorm in the afternoon, and then I headed out to run a few errands. This evening we've just been hanging out, reading and watching some tv. I just came in from enjoying some porch time. It's a beautiful evening, and I sat out on the porch and enjoyed the twilight. Gorgeous.

Here's to a relaxing and lovely long weekend! Cheers!

No comments: