It has been ONE of those weeks. You know what kind.....
Working in a library, I deal every day with returned books, as well as many donations. We've had dozens of donations this week. I think people are starting their spring cleaning a little early.
Part of the fun with returned books and donations is finding the stuff people leave behind in their books. This week has been a banner week for surprises. In the last week, we've received:
1. One boarding pass for a trip to Tokyo.
2. Two boarding passes, both legs of a trip to Dallas and back to Cedar Rapids.
3. An Alamo Car Rental receipt.
4. Various and assorted bookmarks.
5. A disembarkation form, in French.
6. A used band-aid.
Yes, you read that correctly. It was stuck to the book, believe it or not.
Other than the band-aid, the fun of working in a library is that you never know what you're gonna get.
Just like Forrest said......