Tuesday, March 16, 2010

If I Should Ever Take the Plunge....

To go back to school again, that is - I believe I would study Anthropology. Get that PhD. that is always tickling the back of my brain.

It would be school simply for the sake of learning. And what fascinates me so much in the field of Anthropology is myth/legend/folklore. Where do our myths and legends come from? Why does every culture have its own dragon myths? And what about those ogres? It's these ancient myths and legends that fascinate me so.

Before humans had a written language, they told stories to impart information. These stories have been passed through generations for thousands of years, taking many different incarnations. I just find it incredibly interesting that many cultures share similar myths. It makes me think that there must be a shred of truth to these myths if many cultures share similar stories.

Who knows? Maybe someday I'll take that plunge again......

1 comment:

Star_Fire23 said...

That's awesome. I always enjoy learning just for the sake of learning and anthropology is a really cool subject. I admire your desire to learn more.