Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 3 and 4 of Thankful Month

I missed posting my Day 3 Thankful. I was still moping over the elections yesterday. The results REALLY put my in a funk. It seems that most people have very short memories, and forgot what administration (a Republican one) got us into this economic mess. So, after two short years, Republicans took over the House, and now we are stuck with John Boehner as the new Speaker of the House. Excuse me while I go barf. I know, I know, harsh, but I have a real problem with a guy whose top priority as a congressman is to make Obama a one-term President. Hmmmm. Shouldn't his top priority as a congressman be to serve his constituents - his EMPLOYERS? Yes, that's right. Those senators and representatives are OUR EMPLOYEES. We pay their salary, we pay their fantastic health care plan and their pension. I have a real problem with someone whose main goal seems to be to make someone look bad, namely, our President, who is just trying to clean up Dubya's mess.

Ok, Elaine, but what does this have to do with what you were thankful for on Day 3? I'm getting to that. So, I was on CNN.com yesterday, looking at the election results. I found a map of Iowa, showing how the state voted in the senate race here. The counties in Iowa that voted for Grassley were shaded in red (Republican). The counties that voted for his challenger, Conlin, were shaded in blue (democrat).

And my county, Johnson County, was the ONLY blue county in the state. Yesterday, I was thankful for living in blessed Johnson County, Iowa.

TODAY --- Day 4 of Thankful Month.

Today I am thankful to two wonderful teens, Matt and Bob, who helped me jump start my van when I discovered the battery was dead. Gillian and I went out to the van after work, got in, and I put the key in the ignition and turned it. And not much happened. Dead battery. Went back into the library to see if anyone had jumper cables. No one did, but Matt offered to run home and grab some, he did, and jumped the van. It started up and got us home. Not sure what will happen in the morning, but we are home now, and I am thankful.

No comments: