Thursday, November 11, 2010

Giving Thanks

Looking back on my Facebook posts this week, I have been thankful for a variety of things: libraries, my work family, where I live, and our nation's veterans.

I am incredibly lucky to get to do what I love. I know this, especially after spending quite a few years doing things that I didn't love and searching for that just right fit. Getting to work in a library and do what I love is such a gift. And then, getting to do what I love with people I love, well, it is something I am truly thankful for. I work with a group of smart, funny, hard-working, and wonderful people. Diverse, and yet we all complement each other.

Then, I am so thankful for where I live. Beautiful Iowa. Seriously. For those of you not in the Midwest, you think of the middle of the country as that abyss to fly over between the coasts.

You couldn't be further from the truth! My part of Iowa is truly beautiful. Green, lush, and hilly. A more urban area that still has the beauty of a rural area. And the glory of 4 distinct season. And lots and LOTS of wildlife. Including beautiful deer that wander the neighborhood in broad daylight. Plus, my little part of Iowa is very progressive. We're that lone blue county in a sea of red. HA

On this Veterans' Day, I also have to say a THANK YOU to all our Veterans, past and present, who have served our country. No matter what you do in your branch of the Armed Forces, what you do matters to our country. And keeps us safe, and keeps our freedoms safe.

No comments: