Sunday, January 6, 2013

On This Twelfth Night...

I've been thinking about New Year's resolutions.  If I make one, I tend to have to think on it, and I usually don't have any idea what it might be until a few days after the new year.

As usual, I've been thinking on this and I've come up with a resolution that, ideally, will be wonderful, but also difficult, to achieve.

My 2013 resolution is this: to STOP wasting time and energy on people (well, a particular person) who does not deserve my time or energy.

Why do we do this?  Why do we worry so much about the people who could care less about us, instead of spending our energy on people who love and accept us?  This really is one of THE Universal Questions.

I love this quote from the Dalai Lama: "Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace."  I think this will become my new mantra.

That, and to be kind.

Happy New Year.

No comments: