Happy New Year!
Every year I keep a book journal. I keep track of what I read each month and my grade of each book. If it was exceptional (to me), I star it along with a high grade. Yea, I use A, B, C, and etc.
This year I read 64 books. Not quite as many as I would have liked, but some months were better than others.
Here are my top 5 for the year. These books got an A*: The top 5 are in order by what was read first in the year:
1. Tuesday Night Miracles, Kris Radish.
2. The Fault in Our Stars, John Green.
3. The Age of Miracles, Karen Walker.
4. Sarah's Key, Tatian de Rosnay.
5. Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore, Robin Sloan.
The next 5 round out my top 10:
6. The Snow Child, Aowyn Ivey.
7. Into the Forest, Jean Hegland.
8. One Breath Away, Heather Gudenkauf.
9. Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn.
10. The Secret Keeper, Kate Morton.
Here's to 2013, and a year of wonderful reads!!!