Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Goosebumps

I've had goosebumps all day. Watching all the pomp and circumstance this morning, the swearing in first of Vice President Biden and then President Obama, His Inaugural speech, and then that amazing Benediction, and now, watching the festivities this evening.

I feel such a renewal of spirit today. Renewed optimism, renewed credibility of America around the world, and renewed patriotism. There is a charge in the air; people are excited, proud and hopeful. I'm not sure if I've ever felt this, this energy of people focused on a common goal, brought together by an uncommon leader.

Tonight, I feel united. People came together in November, and that feeling is still there. President Obama seems to have a gift for bringing people together, and he's brought the country together. He will lead, but we can't expect him to fix things alone. He empowers us all to work together, and he makes me feel like my contribution is necessary. Now THAT is a leader.

God Bless, President Obama. YES, WE CAN.

1 comment:

Johanna said...

It certainly was a day to watch. I remain very even-keeled in my feelings toward this administration. Obama is an intriguing person and I look forward to what the future will hold. I just hope he can deliver. So many people are banking on it.