Friday, March 13, 2009

Yay Vacation!

Well, almost! Other than a program tomorrow morning, I AM on vacation! I was off at 2pm today, to make up for my hours tomorrow morning. I will need to get a move on earlier than is usual for a Saturday, but the program will be fun and I'll be home by 12:30pm-ish, and then my vacation will truly begin.

I am ready for some time off and a break. We'll spend the first part of the week here, and the weather is supposed to be lovely. We'll head to Illinois on Thursday for some family time and then to the 'burbs on Friday for friend time!

It should be a good week.

I had an adventure at the DMV this week. I had to get my driver's license renewed. In Iowa, you have 60 days after your birthday to get it renewed. The DMV in Iowa City is on the extreme opposite side of town from me, and with it being winter, it can be difficult to get there. So, finally, Wednesday was a good day to go. And getting close to the end of my 60 days. Off I went, with plenty of time. Only to be told, since my name changed back to my maiden name, that the lovely DMV needed proof of my name change before they could renew my license! Grrrrrrr.

I went back this afternoon, with proof in hand, and found an EXTREMELY crowded office. Lovely. I expected at least a 30 minute wait once I checked in and got my paperwork and my number. I was happily mistaken.

First of all, the people who work at the DMV in Iowa City are sooooo nice. They've always been nice when I go in there. Maybe it's just Illinois where I've encountered grumpy DMV employees. The folks who work at the Iowa City DMV are cheerful, they greet you with a smile, they laugh, and this was at 2:30pm! All told, I was in and out of the office, with renewed license in hand, in about 25 minutes. Not bad at all!

So.....wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

No comments: