Friday, January 22, 2010

One Down, Two to Go....

....months of winter, that is. I'm trying to think positive, I really am! But when you haven't seen the sun shine in more than a week, when snow and ice fall all about you, and now the weekend will be filled with more WEATHER, well, all I can say is -

ONE DOWN, TWO TO GO. YEESH.

I am more than ready for a little blue sky above, and a little green beneath my feet. Blue sky will be easier to find than green grass in the next month or three, so I will take what I can get.

Plus, it annoys me that everyone is focused on the weather. Myself, included.

I have been battling a nasty cold that last 10 days, so really, I'm just a bundle of doom and gloom. Call me Eeyore. hehehehe

Actually, with everything that has happened, and is happening, in Haiti right now, I feel incredibly fortunate. I have so much. Any problems I have seem so inconsequential right now. It's a good time to count blessings, and realize that what I do have is so very much. And what I really need is very little. And, perhaps it would be good to live like that for awhile. Take care of the real needs, because all those superfluous things just don't matter.

Maybe I've finally found my New Year's resolution.

No comments: