Saturday, September 27, 2008

Aren't Saturdays Great?

The weekend is in full swing, and so far, it's been illuminating, productive, and relaxing!

Last night was the Presidential Debate, and I think Dan and I called each, back and forth, at least half a dozen times, commenting, yelling, and analyzing. It was an illuminating debate, and I was pleased to see Obama do very well. He stayed calm and focused, professional and respectful. And, for the most part, he answered the questions posed by Jim Lehrer, the moderator of the debate. Gillian wasn't particularly interested, although she did comment from time to time. It's good for her to be exposed to the political process. I always take her with me when I vote, and she's attended two Iowa Caucuses. She's getting a little tired of the campaigning, especially the political ads, but hey, who isn't?

This morning we slept in and had a lazy morning. After Gillian turned the television to Nickelodeon and found out it is their Worldwide Day of Play, she called a friend and met them at the park for some play time and a picnic. I'll pick her up around 5pm. While she's been doing that, I grocery shopped and came home and cleaned my kitchen.

You know, the entire house feels clean when the kitchen is clean!

1 comment:

Annie Jeffries said...

I was riveted by the debates. Can't wait for the VP debates coming up. Happy Kids Play Day Gillian. Annie