Friday, September 19, 2008

It's Been a Long Week....

Friday evenings are my favorite part of the week. The work week is over, and the weekend has just begun. I can feel myself unwinding, bit by bit. It is a good feeling...

......I've started a new book, Open Season, by Anne Rivers Siddons. I'm still getting into the story, but I think it will be good. I still can't quite shake the book I finished yesterday, The Distance Between Us. Every once in awhile, a book makes such an impact on me, it takes a few days to move past it. That one is still with me....

So, the weather should be glorious this weekend. Gillian has play rehearsal, and she's having some girlfriends over for a sleepover tomorrow night. We're going to make cupcakes, I do believe. They'll have a good time.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

I so know the feeling of Friday. The closer I get to retirement, the happier I am to greet Fridays. It's one more week behind me.

I know the feeling too about a book just grabbing you and not letting go. For me it is Memoirs of a Boy Soldier.

Good luck with the P/A colleague. Very hard to deal with such people.

Patti said...

I don't get weekends off anymore, but this week I do have 3 days in a row off and I will be going on the field trip with PJ! So, blessings come in different forms for all of us.
On an upnote..... CUBS WON, CUBS WON, CUBS WON!
Oh if Harry Carey could see them now!