Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Breathing a Sigh of Relief - Tonight, Anyway

For those of you who don't know, I am a Chicago Cubs fan. I know, I know, what am I thinking - the Cubs, for crying out loud??? I can't help it. I'm a corn-fed, baseball loving, Illinois girl, through and through. Born and bred in northern Illinois, 60 miles outside of Chicago, and I'm a die-hard, just wait 'til next year, it's not over 'til the fat lady sings, Cubs fan.

But maybe, JUST maybe, this is the year. Knock on wood, fingers crossed, salt over the shoulder, and every other good luck superstition you can think of. It is, after all, the 100th year since my dear Cubs won the World Series. 63 years since they won the Pennant. Is it too much to ask???? Pretty please????

Cubs won tonight, and the magic number is down to 13. The division championship is getting close enough to taste. And now the suspense really kicks in. Can they do it? At least win the division championship two years in a row? Can they get it together to keep the momentum they've had all year going strong?

Please???? Pretty please????? I don't think it's too much to ask.........and I think we Cubs fans have proven ourselves. We don't give up, we are loyal through and through.

My fingers remain crossed. I'm knocking on wood, and not daring the unmentionable to cross my lips. If I had a rabbit's foot, I would carry it with me 24/7.

I'm serious.

1 comment:

Johanna said...

Rah! Rah! Shish Com Bah!

;)